Wednesday, November 2, 2011

THE ICEMAN COMETH AND THE ICE MAN GOETH! ALSO SILLY HALLOWEEN CROSS AND EURO SAND VIDEO



Chances are National 24hr SS Nat Champ Musto will be rolling the ICEMAN this year. I was very pleased to receive this personally autographed photo from her and was going to send her a thank you note after I had framed it and hung it over my computer in the basement when I got a better look at the inscription ....



For Betty ... as you know Betty is my personal 'Cross Trainer and Manager, so I was a little surprised to see she's been jumping the fence and training a National Champion. That cheating bitch ...


Here Betty is hard at work, firing up the racers with her course-side banter. Way to go Betty. Traitor!


Last night's ride wasn't as big as this, but there were quite a few of the people you're looking at here, on hand for a great night of riding.

Last night's ride saw the last of the ICEMAN training go up the road, I think. Absolutely fantastic night for a ride and lots of Bastards were on hand. Some were hammering, some were rolling, some were just plain getting lost in the night. Yeah it was that good. We'll probably have a smaller and much tamer ride on Thursday, and then return next week with a regularly scheduled Single Speed Tuesday. I can't wait! Well I can.  Good luck to her and all you ICEMAN racers!  See at the Bastard rides next year!

HALLOWEEN HANGOVER VIDEO

Not enough Halloween Cyclocross Race action for you this year? Well dig into this pot of Cycloweenieness from - you guessed it - Portland and Bend Oregon. I snagged this video from BSNYC yesterday. When I saw it, instead of thinking, "gee I wish we could have costume racing and partying like this," I was like sick to my stomach - like I'd eaten too much rich candy and wanted to puke it up. Yeah sometimes too much of a weird thing is just too much of a weird thing. But you watch and tell me. I guess this is the "You're a Midwestern Guy," litmus test.



FINALLY - THE EURO SAND PIT RACE AND DROP OF DEATH IS HERE!


Sorry about screwing up yesterday's link, but embedding yesterday's race video from Europe was almost impossible. Thanks to Cycling Dirt, I finally got it so you can see it here without having to wander off on wild cyclocross video goose chases. 


Watch more video of European Cyclocross 2011/ 2012 on cyclingdirt.org


See you Thursday - and if not good luck at the ICEMAN or where ever you're racing or riding this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment