Thursday, October 14, 2010

TONIGHT'S RIDE: LIGHT FOLLOWED BY DARKNESS

Tonight's ride is expected to start like this - in daylight, well daylight as we know it in West Michigan - that's some kind of thick, grey, fuzzy stuff that allows us to find pumps and bottle openers without batter powered devices.


It's forecasted that about an hour after the start of the ride the daylight will go somewhere and hide. I'm not sure where, but it's one promise you can pretty much depend on on a daily basis. Because of this you'll need lights and a good sense of preservation.


HECKLEMANIA DIRECTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S RIDE: WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT TRUE


1. The ride rolls at 6.
2.We're riding the same route as always so it's okay to take off on your own and head up the road early, like you know where the fuck you're going.
3. It's October so I should wear my heavy winter riding gear.
4. I need to charge my light, bring my light, and know how to turn it on.
5. It's okay not to bring beer, you can always sponge it off somebody in the parking lot.
6. We're parking in both the high and low parking lots just to making the ride launch more confusing.

ANSWER:

2. We're going to head south early (turn right on Giles) so if you head out on your own you may turn around to find that you're by yourself. Tough shit, huh.
3. It's not that cold. Don't bundle like and Eskiloo. It cools off in the last half-hour of the ride in so bringing a packer of some kind is smart.




2 comments:

  1. I wish I had the time you do. I will squeek in some tonght!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the time you think I do too! I'm slammed right now. Writing copy and blogs into the middle of the night make for all those typos that are cropping up here. But still, it has to be done, if not done well. And now that I'm done, and not too well, I'm ready for a ride.

    See ya ...

    ReplyDelete