Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hey Cross Tender, I'll have Another: More Mud and more Mad Anthony Videos Please!


Ready to get muddy? Here's a day-after-the-ride photo from last week's slightly wet ride. Tonight could be worse. But that's why the Bike Gods made single speeds, isn't it? Less crap to clean. Less crap to go bad. Less expensive stuff to replace. Anyway I am foolishly charging  the light and looking for riding clothes that I hate and don't mind destroying for tonight's ride.

THE MICHIGAN SCENE (TMS)  BLOG - WHAT THE HELL IS IT? IS IT COOL? THE MUST READ OF THE DAY AFTER YOUR CBX STOP?  I THINK SO, BUT THEN AGAIN I'VE BEEN WRONG BEFORE

One of my favorite blogs these days has to be The Michigan Scene. It's a weird place in time and place which mixes urban, hipster, gangster and cyclocross racing into a one strange brew. If you have not visited TMS, I suggest you make the trip. There's a great interview with John Osgood a couple of weeks  ago that's a must read - even if you don't like John (and who doesn't?). But maybe I'm all wrong. Take a look at the video from Mad Anthony and you tell me.



Also discovered a just a slightly older video on the Michigan Scene blog which is, I guess, about the Munson Night race a few weeks ago. While there are photos from the race there are also a bundle of images from the archives. I love the old shot of Brian Hancock as a small child. There's also a shot of me doing my one-handed carry at Stomach of Anger at the beginning of the season. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I'm in there with Mr. T, which I guess, is cool. You'll see a lot of Mr. T in the Michigan Scene videos, plus a lot of guns, babes, boobs, and butts, which again while we don't endorse here at Crazy Bastards Cross, we will watch over and over and over again when nobody's looking. So enjoy another crazy, wacky video from the fine (?) folks at TMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment