Sunday, October 7, 2012

JUST A SHY, RETIRING GUY. WELL RETIRING, ANYWAY


This is how you should make a proper retirement speech - in your favorite smoking jacket, seated on your favorite tiger-skin throne.

Unfortunately there have been a lot of somewhat harsh and disparaging words bantered about concerning recent Crazy Bastard rides (as well as a lot of supportive and undeserved kind ones, too, thank you) so I'm here, in my smoking jacket, seated on my favorite tiger-seat, to restate what it was I was driving at in the now-vanished Stop-Sign Face Book post for the folks out there that can't-read-so-good. I'll type real slow this time. I just wanted you to know that I am retiring (until after ICE MAN is over anyway) from the Tuesday and Thursday ride since in my view it is unmanageable and foresee (possibly, you can never be certain about this things, it's just a feeling) that there is trouble up the road ahead and I don't wanted to mistakenly responsible for it when it happens. Whoever shows up, whatever you want to do is fine with me, I just don't want any part of it. In no way want do I want to manage your riding style or important training regime. It's a free country and you can roam the roads in the night as you will . I will find other things to do until you have all gone back in your caves to hibernate for the winter - in other words until ICE MAN is over.


What will I do after retiring from the Tuesday and Thursday Night Crazy Bastard rides? Well besides spending way to much time and money chasing miserable results at cross races for the rest of the year, maybe Ill take in a ball game of some kind. Yeah, it looks like fun. Good luck and good riding. Try to be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment