Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LITTLE BIKE RACE OF HORRORS

Okay, okay, so I may (yeah right) be going over-the-top by comparing our Wednesday night road race to "Little Shop of Horrors" and referring it to the "LITTLE BIKE RACE OF HORRORS"  but after that opening night fiasco, well, you gotta say there's a least some comedic wiggle room (which would NOT have available if the injuries had been any worse than they were). So on with this stupid little parody. (Hey maybe it's time to bring back TOP GUN?)

For those who doubt that this is a good avatar for our race, take a look at the poster above and tell me if it doesn't look like the sprint finish in the Bs.  You make the call ...


To decrease the chance of another catastrophic finish-con-carne, I have personally been having conversations with race officials (pictured above in my imagination) about how we can make the race safer - while stilling maintaining the excitement and thrills associated with the B Group. (Again, yeah, right).  At the end of the first round of negotiations I came away with some nasty bite-marks on my fore-arm and the tip of my left-hand, little-finger missing.
All I can say is when you head into the sprint, and leave all hope of safety and survival behind, sprinting all-out for glory and a plate of cookies, and you look over you shoulder and see this guy on your wheel, well, you pretty much know you're going to get your ass eaten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment