Wednesday, April 13, 2011

GAME AREA MOUNTAIN BIKE CONDITIONS

Luckily I had fitted my 29er with appropriate Sand Tires for the evening's ride.

As I said instead of joining in on the gaiety and fun of an early season road ride, I took the dog for a romp around the State Game area instead. It was the dog's birthday (she's four) and I thought that it would be a nice gift if I took her around the four sections, one for each year of her life.

Poor thing could barely make it back. Happy birthday, Betty!

Anyway I have to say that while I'm not a regular mountain biker, I noticed that the sand, for the early season was pretty deep - usually you don't see this until the end of the season until about 8 million people on Magna's have churned it into a beach. Oh well, lucky I like sand, and have the appropriate tires.

The other thing I really like was the "Patio" section. You know the part where some GENIUS installed all those flat rocks down the hill to recreate the feeling that you're riding in Moab or some other Godforsaken mountain bike mecca. Let me tell you those rocks covered with leaves (no leaves on the Moab rock I believe) are quite charming.

Maybe this year they'll pave the rest of the trail. It will be easier on the dog, at least.

3 comments: